Thursday, June 01, 2006

Ever since I was a young boy...



Got an email today. I'll post the relevant portion here.

Hello DadGuy. I will be getting a TZ in about 2 to 3 weeks. That's the one
for you.

Out of 5 that I am getting this summer, 2 are already presold.

Either way, your machine will probably be done by the 4th of July, so you're
cool there. Once it's here and I start working on it, I'll keep you int he
loop and shoot some photos of the refurbishing process.


I should have a pinball machine in my home within a month or so. And the really cool thing is that I get to celebrate with fireworks! heh.

In that light, I've dug up a song link for you. Out of respect to those like me who hate web sites makign sound out of nowhere, you'll have to press play yourself.



In other news I'll be actually purchasing some real wiring material this evening. If I get around to it I'll take some pictures of the newly "wired" network closet. I'll probably have to move the shelf already. Due to the way the wires come in, the half-pound cable modem and similarly weighted wireless router want to jump off of the shelf when I'm not looking. I've moved them to the floor for the time being. I (still) need to crimp an end on the remaining short ethernet wire as well as ends on the cable so that I can attach an extension. But since it's not currently used I think that's why it hasn't gotten done. I may actually get a box for those connections so I can put them in the hall ceiling instead of inside the wall. We'll see.

I've been thinking about my post in regards to teh MAME machine and I'll try to get at least an overview going in the next week or so.

Summertime is busy. Looks like It will especially be so this year.

Until later.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

So you are the source of the mame machine noise...Nobody has started talking about having one again...you'd think with two pinballs that'd be enough...oh well - gives him something to make.

DadGuy said...

Oh uhm... is that a bad thing?

=)

Bob said...

Not at all...

And thanks for not having music playing without clicking play. I hate that.