Tuesday, June 06, 2006

Wants

So I want to post. I really do.

Not much is happening though. I currently have a sore throat and I'm easily angered. Especially yesterday, the baby (poor thing) has an ear infection, so I got around 4.5ish hours of sleep.

I'm headed to vegas for a "user's group" event for our software. except that it's turning into training because the users don't really want to be involved or make suggestions.

I almost have one of my coworkeers convinced to go to the pinball hall of fame with me. I'll let you know how it goes.

The basement wiring is still making me feel guilty. I admit it, I'm intimidated. =) I'm going to call my neighbor this evening, he has offered to help me get it figured out. I think I know what I want to do, but it's a matter of knowing if I really can, and especially what I ought to do that has me concerned. I'm probably being too conservative on this... I should just do it and get it over with. It's not THAT complicated.

I wish someone would have told me that 250 feet of wire would be $103. Talk about sticker shock...!

On a side note, here's an interesting way to waste some bandwidth. I've not used it a ton yet, but it's an interesting idea.

Until later.

1 comment:

Bob said...

That link is SO cool!

Wow, wire is getting spendy! I did notice that 12 gauge THHN was pretty expensive the last time I needed a roll, but I haven't priced any romex in a long time.

I had an electrician offer us $2.00 a pound for scrap copper the other day. I sold some last year for $0.95 and the year before for 50 cents a pound, so you can get an idea of what copper prices are doing! I also priced out a steel tower today for my part time job and the prices were a good 15% higher than the catalog from last winter had listed.

I am going to visit the pinball hall of fame asap. We had talked about going to Vegas in May, but it's been too busy at work this spring. I'm looking at sometime this fall now.