Wednesday, June 28, 2006

Quick update...

...as I'm nearing a huge data merge for a weekend at work. If I'm lucky all will go well and I'll get monday and tuesday both off. But I'm not counting on it. So maybe expect a post this weekend as I watch progress bars.

Made some headway on the wiring, I've got a plan, know the breaker layout and just ahve to actually wire the thing up. And make a trip or two to home depot. The wiring boxes are hung for the plugs in the family room and I know where I want the rest of them to go. Some (small) headway has been made! Huzzah! Hopefully I'll be working on it more this evening.

We're going to be pouring a back patio here in the next week or so. My brother in law does cement work and is kind enough to give us the labor for free and set us up with all the materials, though we have to pay for those. My wife is more or less heading this project up so you'll probably see pictures on her blog about it. I think she had dreams about it last night, I woke up to questions about color selection and pavers choices this morning.

I got sucked into the Riftwar Saga series again and have almost finished silverthorn. I'd recommend it if you've not read them and, you know, like to read.

3 comments:

Bob said...

I hate working weekends. I used to do a lot of night and weekend work, now I mostly just on call for weekends. I have to work tomorrow and then I'm taking the next five days off and going to the lake. Since I'll be 250 miles from work I won't even have to worry about being on call. I'm sure glad that nobody at work has my cell number!

Sushiboy said...

Riftwar Saga = Fantasy?

I dunno I seem to be able to get lost in Fantasy a bit easier than I do in Sci Fi. I dunno why. I might have to pick that series up. Lots of people rave about the riftwar saga (yourself, Bill B, an old girlfriend and numerous others).

Anonymous said...

So--it's almost time for fireworks...do you have IT yet?