Thursday, August 17, 2006

uh, what?

So I heard this story on the radio yesterday on my way home from work.

Apparently 2 U.S. border patrol agents are getting up to 20 years in prison for... chasing after an illegal alien who attacked one of them and then made a run for the border. The illegal had a car/truck/van/whatever with about 700lbs of marijuana in it.

The illegal got his medical expenses paid and immunity for testifying against the border patrol guys. Check here for a better explanation of the story. This happened 18 months ago.

Assuming this is true... just wow. How lame is that.

I also heard today (unconfirmed by another source) that the army reserve that are patrolling the border are unable to have their M-16's loaded even though they are carrying them around. So they have border patrol guys guarding them. How screwed up is that?

This country amazes me sometimes.

In a completely unrelated note, I will be building a new computer in the next week or so. I'm thinking of starting here and moving on from there. Any advice?

3 comments:

Sushiboy said...

WTF? Looks like Assistant U.S. Attorney Debra Kanof, has a reefer habit (and is another durned liberal, prosecuting good guys and help the bad guys smuggle drugs, blow up airplanes and in general tear down the country). Since when did foreign nationals get coverage from the Bill of Rights. The ADA has a warm spot in hell reserved for her.

I"ve been thinking about building a computer too, since you can put together a pretty good one for $600. I'd go AMD, but thats just cause I'm cheap.

Bob said...

I've been an AMD guy for awhile too. Still running an Athlon XP 1900+ on my good computer. I really haven't kept up with the latest in cpu tech so I don't even know what's out there anymore.

I was hoping to build a new machine in the next couple months to replace my Linux server/router. Looking at the little VIA mini itx boards. I'm running everything on a PII-300 right now but looking for something that is low power to save some on the electric bill. My old PII eats about 100W. Not having a huge old computer living in my laundry room would be nice too.

Sushiboy said...

The new computer you are getting is SuWeat! You need to post about it now. (your list is continually growing :) ) At least you'll never have the excuse, "There is nothing to post about." LoL