Friday, April 21, 2006

Yay it's friday... again?

Time flies.

I had a great weekend last week. Very little actual responsibility and lots of freedom from stress.

The beginning of the work week was full board back to the grind, but things are easing up. I've gotten a few other people involved and that's helped let up the stress a bit.

In other news we've decided to have a friend of ours come in and frame the basement for us. He's giving us a really good deal from what I know, materials plus $0.80 per square foot for labor. We're not going with the metal studs due to cost but I'm feeling pretty OK about the whole deal. it'll be around $1250-1300 when it's all said and done which for most of a basement framed really isn't bad. Oh, and it'll be done by the end of next week assuming all goes well. Wohoo! Then I'll get to play with the wiring and duct work.

We will be finishing cleaning this weekend to prepare for the start of construction. I'l see if I can snap some photos and put them up here this weekend. I'm sure my wife would much rather have it clean before I post photos. =)

Oh, and I sprayed for weeds in the front yard this week. Just about everyone I know will be doing yard work this weekend. Time to borrow the tiller from my parents to till the garden again.

I also need to put a note in here to say that my wife is the best! She's been really supportive through all of my work headaches and has really let me work at my own pace to keep things going sanity-wise. I couldn't do it without her.

Pictures later. Until then.

1 comment:

bon said...

*blush*
Awwwwwwww!