Thursday, April 06, 2006

Post?

So I have this post that is rattling around in my head. I'm going to type it all out. Really. I just need the time to do it.

Now isn't the time.

This evening I got home for the 2nd time around 10:30 PM. My wife and I watched the first episode of Law & Order season 3 at this time, as the baby is up and grumpy. (another time I'll go into this -- we have watched the first 2 seasons of Law & Order together, starting the 3rd now.) I lay down to go to sleep around 11:30. five minutes later I'm on my laptop scrambling to get into a computer at work to do the job I left "until later" tonight. Oh, and I need to be done by midnight, before the auto-backup happens for the customer's database.

I think I may have had 30 seconds or so of room to spare on that one. heh.

There was one other thing I needed to do as well, but I'm zipping some files up so that they transfer faster over the internet to a customer up in Canada. Really, gigabytes of data shouldn't be sent over a 150k DSL connection. :/ I had about 15 minutes to spare while the archiving happened, so you get an update.

Lucky you!

I have more interesting stuff coming really. But for now we wait.

If you're bored have a look at timbuktu software. It's amazing stuff, saved me a number of times working off-site.

I'll probably have more friday or saturday. Tomorrow if things go really well. I promise not to be as boring as dirt sometime soon. Really.

Until then.

1 comment:

Bob said...

I like RealVNC. It's helped me out many times.