Friday, June 08, 2007

New Day

So, despite that I really -DID- feel that crappy yesterday, today is shaping up to be much better.

Quick life update... Basement is still on hold pending finances, though I will probably finish off the wiring since that's for the most part paid for. By this fall I hope to have enough cash to get at least the insulation in for the cold season. But the window wells need to be dealt with. We had a nasty rainstorm and both window wells leaked. Again. I've done a number of things to get this taken care of but it looks like I'll ahve to just bite the bullet and crawl down there with a half-size shovel and dig them out a coupl efeet in order for them to actually drain water. Not looking forward to that.

I've had a sore throat/cough since Sunday. I keep thinking it's almost done but then it keeps moving on me. Throat, nose, lungs, cough, etc... new place every day. Bleh.

This weekend I am hoping to do some video ripping and get a video clip up on here for you all. I think it'll be worth the $5.50 I paid for the DVD plus the effort. We'll have to wait and see though.

I ordered Super Paper Mario from a seller on amazon.com yesterday. I happened to look and got it for $23 shipped -- about half price, which isn't bad considering I've been considering paying more for it. On that note, I'm about 16 hours into the new zelda game. It was a bit slow the first little bit, but it is definitely picking up. I think I am about 1/3 of the way through it.

I'm also working on.... work stuff for some extra cash on the side. Hopefully doing some side jobs will allow for a successful adventure to Disneyland later this year. I've been torn on this issue. These "moonlighting" projects that are offered through work are roughly $30 an hour minus (bonus typed) taxes. This on the surface seems pretty good until you understand they are flat rate off of hour estimates. Some are easy and well worth the money... some are not. The owner also has pushed a lot of the work I enjoy off into this category, so it cuts both ways. But hey, it makes our vacation still a possibility this year. That's a plus. =)

My new exercise bike has gathered dust these last 6 weeks or so due to the hospital taking over, a week of pseudo-recovery and now being sick for a week. I'm looking forward to getting back into a routine with that. I think in the few weeks I had good workouts that my weight was affected. We shall see though. I also hear that you feel "good" in general when you are exercising which I could use some of right now.

I am trying to figure out a good time when I'll have to work on the pinball machine. I need to fix one of the pop bumpers and I am thinking of diving into fixing the playfield overlays which would be some unknown work. But it should be fun to do so. The machine doesn't get daily play anymore so I'm probably safe to rip it apart for a few weeks.

There are arcade projects that can come into play as well, though I'm not as certain of what will happen there. Likely the next thing to do is re-solder the mess I've made before and remove the hacked switch that never quite worked right. That and get player #2 working properly with the xbox, it never has worked right. I'm still keepign an eye out for a strider jamma board, but I hear they have a "suicide" battery, so I might have a hard time coming across one. Maybe I'll get lucky.

Thanks for dropping by.

Until later.

7 comments:

Sushiboy said...

Hooray for Super Paper Mario! It looks fun!

Leiandra said...

I was gonna ask if you are still coming down to Cali. Our house is still on the market, so we're still about 20 minutes from Disneyland. You still planning on stopping by?

bon said...

:)

DadGuy said...

Sushi, I'll have to show it to you when I get it.

Lei, that's still a possibility. We are planning late september or Early october, so if you're still in the area we will definitely hook up.

Bob said...

I finally red the Wii manual this afternoon and got it working again. Now whats this Bon says about throwing cows? I need to get that game. All we have is Wii Sports.

I hate suicide batteries... Gotta watch those on pinball boards too. I replaced the AA batteries in my Flash machine with a lithium coin cell (robbed a holder from an old computer motherboard!). Took a bit of soldering but I had the board out to make some mods to the switch matrix to improve reliability so it seemed like a good time to deal with the battery issue.

Hope you get feeling better soon.

DadGuy said...

Doh, sorry Nobody for making you wait so long on the remote... I couldn't remember what to do off the top of my head so rather than go look it up I was trying to be funny. =)

Wii play is the one with the cow racing. It has 9 mini-games on it, some are interesting tutorials on the controller, but some are pretty fun.

bon said...

the cow TOSSING game is part of rayman raving rabbids!