Monday, April 09, 2007

So... yeah.

So, you know how I made this big speech a while back about where I'm going and what I'm doing?

I think I lied. I don't know what the hell I'm doing. And you're welcome to quote me on that.

Anyhow.

This is what I came home to today.


Apparently the city turned on the water (or at least turned up the pressure) for the pressurized irrigation. We have a faucet out in the back, it was split in a couple of places and spraying water like a geyser.

I think I'm going to hire a neighbor kid to dig out the window well so that this doesn't happen, at least not immediately if water gets into it.

Work on the basement progresses. The roughed in plumbing is done for the bathroom. The air ducts are in. The wiring is all actually run (except for the bathroom which is waiting until later anyway). Some of it's even hooked up!

Yard work season has already begun, and I'm sure my wife will post more than I do about that. But rest assured I'll be plenty involved there.

The family is relatively healthy, though we continue to go to see doctors for our youngest's breathing problem.

And dare I post it...? World of Warcraft is fast coming to an end. It's probably a matter of weeks until I get completely fed up with the time it's taking away from everything else. You can have a look at my warlock if you're into that kind of thing.

Of course there's always Team Fortress 2... Another time I'll explain how and why that means anything to me. Probably means nothing to the rest of you with the exception of my wife. =)

Until then.

3 comments:

Bob said...

Water in the window well is bad...

You mean you STILL aren't done with the basement? I hope you have a better excuse for that than WoW. I guess I shouldn't talk. I haven't done anything in months.

DadGuy said...

Yeah, my excuse is money. I'm broke. Recently got our tax return so I'm working on it again...

Okay, and I'm lazy to boot. Better add that in there. As is, the money is there for most of it, but where that money gets spent is another story entirely.

Bob said...

Money is always a good excuse. I'll be using that one this year, I have no money left for projects.