Friday, April 27, 2007

More later

Things are busy around our place, I won't be able to give a proper review for the wii until next week sometime.

Once I get the smoke alarms and the 2 lights + 1 outlet in the bathroom wired up I'll post some pictures of my basement. Assuming anyone cares anymore. =)

Next will be insulation and sheetrock, I'm afraid of the dollar amounts on that one, but at least we're getting closer to something that looks like real progress.

I'm planning on ripping some parts out of my pinball machine here soon as well. I'll keep y'all updated on that front.

And I'll be working in the yard sooner than later I'm sure.

This evening the kids and I are going to go out to eat and have a good time while mom celebrates her brother's graduation at a no kids eat out party. Should be fun on both sides.

Life is busy. At least I get Sunday off from the majority of church duties, so that should be good.

More later.

1 comment:

Bob said...

Last time I bought insulation it seemed reasonably cheap. Drywall can be volatile in price at times. I've bought it for $4.25 for 4x8' sheets, but I've also seen it up near $15 a sheet after major flooding in our region increased demand.

Call around to get prices on it, I found that I could buy it at our local independent lumber yard and have it delivered (down the stairs!) for less than I could buy it cash & carry at Home Depot or Menards in Big City. Having someone else carry it down the stairs is nice! That crap is heavy and awkward.

I have a love/hate relationship with drywall. I like the finished look of it as well as it's properties and fire resistance, but I hate taping/mudding, and I'm terrible at it. I'll take plumbing and electrical work over drywalling any day!

btw, I saw 2 Wii's at walmart last night, but I'm broke. Crap.