Saturday, April 21, 2007

So what's the big deal with a Wii?

I've had a few comments along these lines, I thought I'd share.

At first when I heard the news from Nintendo about their new system I was thinking... that's it? Just new controllers? Hmm. Sounds kind of lame.

That thing looks like a TV remote! How will I ever use that to play games?

(Wii remote and xbox controller shown below)




Well. The controller is motion activated, so maybe that helps. Hmm.

Hmm.

Maybe the motion sensor will work out, but most things like that in the past have been gimmicky. I'm still skeptical.

And then I saw this.



This is the first video that nintendo released about the wii.

I've been super excited to see how it really works out ever since.

Aren't you? =)

(Note: there are other more up to date commercials and trailers floating around, but this is the one that I saw first.)

Until later.

4 comments:

Bob said...

I first heard of Wii from you, and I was skeptical. But now I want one. I always tell my kids they can want in one hand and crap in the other and see which one they get. Now I'm getting told that in regards to the Wii.

bon said...

If I love it, I will write a GLOWING review that will make the missus just KNOW that she must have one!

Sushiboy said...

I'm a little jealous. Congrats on the sweet new console!

Sushiboy said...

Quit playing with your Wii and start writing about your Wii.