Wednesday, May 02, 2007

Public Service Announcement

So we were talking at work today about the Do Not Call List. If you don't know about that check out the site. It'll save you from the hassle of a ton of telemarketing calls. It won't stop charities from calling though.

Anyhow, I had a friend mention another site that is similar a few years back. Did you know that the major credit bureaus sell lists to insurance and credit card agencies tor marketing purposes? Did you know you can opt out of this list?

You can.

Go. Do it.

I've been opted out for about 2 years now and I have a noticeable decrease in credit card junk mail. I feel much more safe about my mailbox now -- identity theft is harder, I won't have to worry (as much) about some stupid company sending me a pre-approved loan application for 50k that someone else cashes then I'm liable for.

Why are you still here? Go. Do. Stick it to The Man™!

4 comments:

Blogarita said...

Thanks for the info. We opted out.

Bob said...

Opted on on both a couple years ago. I still get the credit card crap even though I opted out of it.

Sushiboy said...

Thx for the info, Undercover brother!

Fantastagirl said...

Good info...