Friday, May 12, 2006

Basement pictures or...

...it's about time!

I'm lazy. What can I say. I've had the pictures since tuesday evening.

There are a few shots I want to take additionally, so I'll post the bedroom later. (That's the one on the right as you go down the stairs)

Feel free to open my old post in a new window for some comparisons.



The first thing you'll notice is that there's a hole in the wall to the left. There will be a banister there. It's already turned into the high traffic doorway, we don't go right much anymore.



Looking into the family room at the bottom left of the stairs. You can see the south wall on your right. Looks... framed.



Rotating to the left you can see more of the room. You can also sort of see the arch that will be at the entrance to the hallway there.



Our new stairway down! looks pretty good. Here's a better picture.



And the tangled mess of wires that is my sprinkler station and internet hub. I really don't want to move this stuff, primarily because I'll have the internet down some while I do so. I'm pretty sure nobody wants that to happen around our house so I've been putting it off. Maybe I can get it done saturday.



The room across the hall from the arch was the extra room we had framed. It's going to be my room, and as such, finished last most likely. Our oldest is practicing to help me with the plumbing.

I'm at work so I'll post more later!

3 comments:

Bob said...

it's about time!

Looks awesome! Sadly, my basement will never be as nice as yours is going to be.

My "internet hub" is a shelf in the laundry room where the linux firewall/router/server sits along with the DSL modem and Linksys router that I use as the wireless access point. And a bunch of random ethernet cables of course. It was all supposed to live in a closet, but the computer wouldn't fit inside.

DadGuy said...

Well, don't expect much. The shelf it currently sits on? That may jsut move into the closet for the time being. =)

Anonymous said...

Wow! I LOVE the arch! Love it! I think it was a great idea to open up the stairway like that. Your house is going to feel twice as big with that family room i bet. I'm happy for you bro! (Meanwhile we're happily/unhapily, depending on the moment, crammed into our 700 feet). How about some more yard pix? I like to live through your views!