Wednesday, February 22, 2006

We love taxes!

So I finally got a call back from the company that handles our HR stuff at work. They have no idea on the HSA stuff. Apparently my own personal research was more extensive.

So I took the dive and filed my taxes the way I think is correct. We'll see how it all shakes out. Even still, we now have (well, within 2 weeks) funds to start on finishing the basement. As soon as II can pin down my wife on what rooms will go where and whatnot we can start getting some people talking to us about prices.

On a different note.

I got to play 3 games of pinball over the weekend! heh. Yes, I had to go to a bowling alley to do it, but I played 2 games of Harley Davidson pinball and one game of demolition man. Both machines had issues, but I haven't apparently lost my touch, I won a free game my first play.

I've got to find some local place that I can play some pinball now and then. =)

Oh, and pics of the xbox ripped to pieces are coming eventually, I still have to get a part from radio shack. The one I went to yesterday didn't have the part. (something similar to the pic below, I pulled that image directly from radioshack) They guy told me that they are phasing out that part of radio shack. So I guess they'll move into just selling cell phones and RC cars or something, I can't think of any other things they sell there. Ah well, there's got to be somewhere locally that sells electronics gadget parts.

3 comments:

bon said...

Viva la differance! You blog about the pinball you played and I would blog about the time warp of a bowling alley we had stepped into. Holy scarey 80's! We are talking glamrock hairfarmer chicks complete with mondo eyeliner and scarves tied onto their purses. To say nothing of the MULLETS. WOOT!

Bob said...

Yes, RS is getting out of the parts business. I heard on the news last week that they are closing something like 700 stores.

Email me if you run into any problems finding the connector. I have a used one out in the 'bone yard', and maybe a new one around here somewhere, and we have a great electronics store close by that I always need a good excuse to go to. It would be no problem to drop one in the mail to you.

DadGuy said...

I think I can get one still but I'll let you know if I can't get one. Thanks!