Friday, January 20, 2006

guilty pleasure


So, I was looking around at pinball machines last night. I came across this webpage. On their specials page (Yes, feel free to click on specials) I spotted an item I hadn't seen before. A magic sword arcade machine.

I hemmed and hawed about it for a while, because I'd consider having a dedicated MS machine in my house. And it was only $195, which is doable, though a bit at the top end of splurge. Also, you have to understand, I have to think hard about spending more than $50 or so on anything. To me that's still a "big" purchase. I'm naive that way.

I talked with my wife about it (after agonizing for a few minutes on if I should "make it real" by bringing it up). She was in a positive position on this, which surprised me. I'm always surprised when my wife says to go for something though. Anyhow, I think she even knew which game it was, which is a plus. =)

Fast forward to this morning. I wasn't sure on the price, it seemed reasonable, but something was nagging at me. So I posted on the arcadecontrols.com forums on the price and if I should go for it.

Here's where it gets really wierd/interesting. Small world. heh.

Long story short, I'm getting a magic sword arcade machine, barring any major defects, for $100 tomorrow morning. Half price and closer to my house to boot. A working, good condition arcade machine for $100. Who knew? =)

I'll post some pics tomorrow morning if I get it.

2 comments:

Bob said...

I think I had a Magic Sword machine! I can't remember for sure what it was, I bought it an arcade auction and converted it to a JAMMA cabinet to run SmashTV.

bon said...

what the...!?

we've been married for almost 6 years and it STILL surprizes you? Sheeesh.

tag!