Monday, March 13, 2006

Ehhhh...

So. Some random thoughts.

Been a week, I know. I've been involved enough that I haven't even thought about this blog in a few days.

Thursday was the funeral. It went well enough, though was a bit rough for me towards the end. My skin isn't as thick as it should be sometimes. Thursday was a bit tough, but it was already past the beginning of the end as far as grieving. My grandma was ready to go. Really, I'll miss her, but I know she's where she wants to be now. (Yes, I believe in an afterlife, and yes, she was ready to go there)

I was on an urgent project last week at work, so I ended up working almost 13 hours on Friday and another 4.5 hours on Saturday morning. Add some housework, family time and church responsibilities, and my weekend was gone.

So it's been a week and coming out the other side I'm not really sure where I am. It's felt like a whole lot more time has passed than a week.

Nothing particularly has changed, yet it feels to me like things are changing. Something fundamental, something important, but I can't put my finger on it. Maybe I've stopped running so much. I dunno. I hope that's a good thing.

I have yet to do my soldering. It's a war between that and playing WoW this evening for 2 hours. We'll see what wins. I think maybe I'm subconsciously intimidated by this project or something, I keep finding reasons to put it off. =)

My wife mentioned that she thought maybe for Christmas I could get a pinball machine.

o.O

Not sure that will happen but we'll see. I'm my own worst enemy when it comes to pinching pennies and prioritizing our financial paths.

The first basement quote should be brought around sometime this week. I'm a bit pessimistic, but then I don't have to make any decisions at the moment. Besides, if I get too much pressure from the guy on a decision I can always blame it on the funeral. My next door neighbor is going to school to be a contractor so I'll bounce some prices off of him as well.

Oh and we made another cake yesterday. I swear, my wife lets the girls make a cake whenever they want just so she can decorate it.

More later.

1 comment:

bon said...

cake?... CAKE?...
Well what's wrong with cake?
It seems that you've baked
a fake cake in a lake.