Friday, December 09, 2005

xbox + hard drive == fun?

Today I installed a 200 meg hard drive in my xbox.

Yeah, it was during work so I'll have to take some vacation. I have
no self control. =)

I should back up a bit though.

Two years ago just before thanksgiving I bought an arcade cabinet.
It was from a local guy who has an arcade route. I tipped him off to
3 pinball machines that were $400.00 each. If I had had any idea how
much pinball machines were worth I'd never have said a word.
(digression ahead) These were Creature From the Black Lagoon,
Terminator 2 and Judge Dredd. Even in so-so condition they are worth
around $1000.00 each. I've kicked myself a number of times for
ignoring these pinball machines since then. Later I have seriously
considered owning my own pinball machine. I wanted one before, but
it was never in my realm of conceivable possibilities to own. I
decided instead that a MAME machine was the closest thing I was going
to get, thus buying the arcade machine. (See arcadecontrols.com
for more on this subject)

Another time on the rest of that. To sum up, I've put an xbox in the
arcade cabinet.

Unfortunately, the xbox only actually sees the hard drive up to 137
gigs. Apparently there are ways around this, but it's more difficult
if you do not have a mod chip. I don't. That will be a project for
another day.

I bought the harddrive for $138 and change yesterday. Merry
Christmas to me!

I also finished a problem I've been working on here at work for the
last 3 days a few minutes ago. BLEH. I hate off by one errors!

No comments: