Thursday, December 22, 2005

MOTD

Song of the day:


Good Charlotte, Little Things

I'm sure there's a story behind this one for the band, maybe even
relating to the lyrics. I especially like the talking at the
beginning, it really sets the tone well.

I was thinking about this song last night as I heard it play. (I was
painting the kid's Christmas present) I remember it really
resonating with me at the time, and really was one of my more
favorite songs for a while. It's got some truth to it even though
it's a bit of an angst-ish/dark kind of song. I think just about
everyone has been in the "loser" position in a given situation now
and then. I know I was hurting pretty badly because I was different
than most other kids growing up. Everyone said I was shy and
reserved. I even believed them for a while. Turns out I just don't
talk much, but that doesn't mean that I'm particularly "shy". In
fact, I'm very much involved in the happenings around me,
particularly people. I just don't express it very well. "It"
being... well, much of anything in the way of communication. I
actually consider myself better at expressing my feelings in a medium
such as this rather than face to face with people. Considering I'm
not that great of a writer that can be a scary thought at times.

Here we are, starting with a song and ending up at my writing
skills. Go figure, shows how my train of thought leads me around.
Back to work.

Merry Christmas!

No comments: