Tuesday, December 13, 2005

Crunch

So I was rear-ended in my car last wednesday.

The damage was minimal, though the bumper was slightly cracked and the tail light also cracked. My biggest concern is the back panel which crumpled ever so slightly along the trunk line. Doesn't functionally effect anything as far as I know.

I found out today from the insurance company that they are sending me $887.30 for repairs.

Do I repair it all or split it up and do the minimal repairs while pocketing the rest?

Woulda been nice to have the $$ sent to the repair shop so I didn't have to feel like I suddenly have a bunch of money that's really supposed to be for fixing my car. :/

I hate money. I have a good job and with all my "expenses" I have little to no liquid cash funds.

I shouldn't complain, my family has a roof, food to eat, even a few luxuries. Side note... I have a family. A few little girls and a great wife. More on them another day. Anyhow.

$4000 for a pinabll machine may as well be $50,000 for all the closer I'm getting to it in the next few years. We need a real budget.

I now vaguely understand why some men have a mid-life crisis and go out and buy an expensive sports car or some such. =)

In other news...

I'm trying to get my hands on the source code for DaphneX so that I can modify it. (It currently doesn't run on my xbox) Here's a link to the Arcade version. And a link to more information on the emulator, Daphne, if anyone is interested. Kubik, the person who ported this to the xbox, hasn't given out the source code even though it's required by the GPL. Not that he cares. Would be nice though.

Anyone reading this blog yet?

Happy Tuesday.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi there, ##NAME##, now that's a different blog. That's the fun thing about blogging - everyone does it different.Thanks for the blog. John ##LINK##