Friday, November 09, 2007

Atari

So I'm a big atari fan. It's a big part of my early childhood. I've been thinking about starting an atari-based project, but I've not decided if it's worth the effort or not. It depends on a lot of things. I might talk more about that later.

I came across this article two days ago and it's taken me that long to get through it. But it was totally worth it.

For instance... did you know that Williams pinball came out of atari? That steve jobs and steve wozniak (founders of apple computer) worked at atari and even offered atari the opportunity to get into the original apple computer? There are so many early technology ties to this company that it's amazing.

Check it out if you've got any interest.

Until later.

1 comment:

Bob said...

Haven't read the article yet, but I do know that Williams pinball was around way back in the 1960's. They started out with electro-mechanical games, and switched over to solid-state somewhere around 1976 (I think "Spirit of '76" was EM but then later was made as a solid-state machine as well).

I'll have to give that article a look. Sounds interesting.