Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Interesting spin on education

I'm not sure if I totally agree with this guy, but he does make some interesting points on education, the way that it is currently run, and

Especially interesting to me was the Kahn Academy, which teaches 100% free online courses on the internet.  (i.e. you can go from 1 + 1 = 2 all the way to calculus as an example, among many other topics)

I just might use the Kahn academy to brush up on some of the math I wish I knew better.

He talks a lot about the great expense paying for schooling can be and how it doesn't have to be that way anymore.

Check out the article, it's pretty interesting.

What do you think, are pricey schools going to go away largely or not and why?

1 comment:

Lindsay said...

That sounds interesting... Did you know that our state has online schools also for k-12? I had no idea until recently! Better go read that article...! There are tons of things I would like to learn also!