Saturday, January 13, 2007

IRC

Have any of you ever visited an internet chatroom? Also known as IRC or internet relay chat.

I used to frequent an IRC channel when I was in college. Some crazy people hang out in those. People tend to socialize like it were a bar or resturaunt or soemthing. Maybe a more apt example is Denny's at 2 AM. Who knows.

Anyway.

I sumbled across a link to a site I had forgotten about for some time, bash.org. They have funny snippets of chatrooms and a few stories like this one sprinkled in.

I thought I'd post a couple for you. You know, in case you get bored or something.

Enjoy.

5 comments:

DadGuy said...

This is my wife's personal favorite as well:

http://bash.org/?127039

Bob said...

"Stinkysteven67: I love married with children. Its a great show.
Lucy17: It's ok, One thing that bugs me about that show,
In the pilot series they had Al bundy sounding like he was from Brooklyn
or something when they are supposed to be from Chicago.
Stinkysteven67: Where do you think brooklyn is dork?
Lucky17: Its in new york goofball, chicago is in illinios.
Stinkysteven67: Oh sorry, I've never been good at geometry.
Lucy17: Umm yea.."

BWAA HAAA HAAA HAAA. Moron.

Blogarita said...

I've never been to a chat room. Looks like it could be entertaining just to watch.

Sushiboy said...

I used to do the chatroom things. Some fun times, I always went to the hightly moderated ones. (No cursing or other demented things that can occur in some of the rooms)

One time I was having a conversation with somone and I got a warning. (the automated moderator caught something it didn't like) We couldn't figure out what I had said so we went on with the conversation and I got booted. When I logged back in I got a hold of a human moderator. Turns out I was booted for saying breastplate because it had the word breast in it. LOL So that room was WAY to clean.

bon said...

AHAhahahahahahahahahaaaaaa! Yup, that one is still my favorite!