Friday, July 21, 2006

Bear Lake

Every 24th of july (or at least the Monday thru Wednesday falling on that week) my family goes to visit bear lake. This is the closest thing I've ever had to a family vacation outside of the odd trip to disneyland growing up. Ever since I can remember I've been going to bear lake in the summertime.

What could be better than food, family, water, and... pinball. Yeah, they've also had an arcade at the condo's we stay at. Good times. We stay at a place called Ideal Beach Resort. It used to be called Sweetwater back when I was a kid. here are some pictures.

One of the cool things about bear lake is that it has white beaches and that cool aqua colored water that you see in all of the pacific ocean pictures. You know, without driveing to the ocean. The water is pretty cold though.

There's plenty to do. There are tennis courts, a pool, sauna, mini golf course and other activities where we're staying. There's also the pickleville playhouse down the road. You can renting a boat, waverunner, paddleboat and more. Hiking through Minnetonka Cave is a lot of fun if you don't mind a bit of a drive. There's also a golf course across the road.

And beware of the Bear Lake Monster!

Enjoy next week. I know I will.

4 comments:

Bob said...

Sounds like a great place! We always went to a resort near Bemidji, Minnesota when I was younger. That's where I first got hooked on pinball. I would like to make that a tradition for my kids, but I'm waiting for them to get a little older.

bon said...

Whoooo HOOOOOO!

Anonymous said...

Jer,

YES! It will be fun! But don't you remember that we went on a family vacation EVERY year? That's all mom and dad saved money for, Christmas and the yearly vacation. You must have liked Bear Lake and Disneyland the best. :) Me too!

Anonymous said...

Looking for information and found it at this great site... »